Someone writing words like Partnership, collaboration, teamwork, and goal.Our managing partner, Richard Cohen, will assemble a team of experts to address the specific challenges of the project and client. With more than 30 years of technology experience, we have access to an extensive array of experienced consultants and practitioners.
Meet BostonCIO’S Managing Partner, RICHARD COHEN
Richard focuses on delivering senior-level, IT and business operations consulting services, providing companies with the necessary strategic and tactical IT leadership to meet present needs while reducing the risks and costs of an individual hire.
His professional services range from serving as an interim/part-time Chief Information Officer to project-based engagements.
- Developed a data center strategy for one of the largest behavioral health care providers in the US. Successive phases of the project included the design of multiple, high-availability data centers, re-provisioning hardware, network and security appliances and managing the multi-phase physical move.
- As an interim CIO/COO, managed the acquisition and integration of three companies specializing in electronic medical records, medical records workflow management systems and release of information services.
- Performed data center acquisition due diligence and integration planning engagements for major data center providers and private equity organizations.
Implemented a mental and behavioral health care billing system across 13 states and 18 business units for a complex national organization.
- Developed an applications integration roadmap, future-state footprint and strategic direction for a merged hospital group that found itself as the post-acquisition owner of more than 225 separate applications.
- Performed a market and technology assessment for the introduction of online delivery and management of continuing medical education (CME) credits. The client is the largest issuer of offline CMEs to US primary care physicians.
- Designed, sourced and implemented several large, high-performance, technically complex, hosted web infrastructure and network deployments.
- Assessed all aspects of IT operations for a $40 million human services agency; analyzed internal business processes, external and regulatory requirements, voice and data communications needs, and internal staff capabilities. Provided clear, actionable direction with project priorities, risk assessments and bottom-line operational savings.
- Transformed the internal IT, medical records workflow and billing systems for the largest not-for-profit human services/behavioral health organization in Massachusetts.
- Realigned internal processes and integrated the medical record and billing system with an outsourced pharmacy supply network for the largest hospice group in Rhode Island.
- As an interim COO, developed all aspects of P&L, staff recruiting and management, benefits and HR, IT and physical infrastructure and business development for a 15-person, $2.5 million, start-up web applications engineering firm.
- Defined requirements, developed specification and information architecture and project-managed the development and deployment of a content-centric website advancing the use of new health care technologies.
Meet MIKE MCGONAGLE, CTO Practice Lead
Mike focuses on BostonCIO’s CTO Practice, delivering senior-level technical and operations consulting services focused on companies producing complex, business critical internal and go to market software. Our client companies leverage Mike’s 30+ years of experience in the commercial software industry to improve the performance of their existing technical teams by identifying and dealing with problems that are inhibiting them in the marketplace and/or limiting their ability to scale their solutions and grow their businesses. Working directly with a company’s technical teams to locate lurking problems in the software and/or infrastructure and creating action plans to address those challenges, Mike is able to help company executives understand the path forward from their current state and lay out strategic goals and milestones. Mike’s professional services include a variety of roles from serving as Shared-Basis CTOSM as an interim/part-time Chief Technology Officer or VP of Engineering, to delivering targeted, project-based engagements and investor due diligence assessments.
- Led the development, from initial concept to full product operation, of the industry leading Campaign Management System which fueled the growth of the company from raw start-up to a valuation of greater than $1B. Led and grew the development team from 5 local programmers to 175, distributed across 5 locations in the US and India.
- Turned around a struggling offshore operation with poor productivity and an annual attrition rate of over 100% to a high performance operation that is currently 350 people, working across multiple products, and with an annual attrition rate of approximately 8% (versus an industry rate of 19%). This initiative included transitioning the group from a contracted, outsourced operation to a captive team.
- Led the development, from initial concept to full product operation, of the premier recruiting tool for the hourly hiring market.
- Led a company-wide “re-definition” project to transition from a multi-implementation, hosted environment to a true multi-tenant, SaaS product implementation.
- Introduced off-shoring to one of the largest software companies in New England, identifying pilot projects and establishing the mechanisms needed to run projects successfully in a distributed environment.
Meet MATT BARRY, CIO Practice Lead
Matt is an experienced leader in building technology solutions to support the challenges of rapid business growth, product launch, M&A activities, and regulatory compliance. His expertise includes delivering business and consumer products, building and transforming teams, and implementing global IT infrastructure. He is frequently engaged to deliver highly scalable strategies and frameworks for business intelligence, cloud migration, enterprise architecture design, SaaS/ERP implementation, and complex integrations. His professional services include ongoing SharedBasis CIO leadership for organizations as well as project-based discovery and implementation work.
- Implemented in-house and production infrastructure to meet HIPAA regulations in supporting over three million users on a globally deployed software platform.
- Built domestic and offshore Technology organization to drive growth strategy resulting in several hundred million dollars in sales.
- Migrated legacy systems footprint to modern Oracle Fusion and Applications infrastructure serving thousands of users.
- Transformed product, application, and marketing capabilities for a large ERP vendor to enable entry into the traditional higher-education sector.
- Led legacy application conversion and data consolidation to a vertically integrated, comprehensive Salesforce ecosystem supporting globally-recognized sporting events.
- Built the digital learning and course management platform for executive education programs at one of the top-ranked business schools in the world.